Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's been awhile . . .

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. There have been a couple of updates. First, I started acupuncture. I know a couple of people have done acupuncture for infertility and it worked, so I thought I would give it a shot (no pun intended). I have only had 2 sessions, but so far I love it. It is very relaxing. It has also given me another sense of hope (at least a little bit).

Also, I have an appointment next week to meet with my doctor to discuss starting again. I think 5 months is a long enough break. I am tired of putting my life on hold because we don't know what is going to be. Frank and I would like to take a couple of vacations this year, but we don't know if we are going to be pregant or not, so those plans are on hold.

Am I scare to try again? Most definitely. I honestly don't know how I will react if our third IVF doesn't work, or if I miscarry again. I don't know if I will ever recover from that. But, the pull to be a mom is greater than the fear. I know I am stronger than I give myself credit for, so I will have to rely on the inner strength to get through this.

That's it for now. I will probably update again after my appointment.

No comments: