Friday, February 8, 2008

The Loooooong Road Ahead

I promised to write again after my dr. appointment, and here I am.

Things went better than I expected, but it is going to take longer than expected. After meeting with my doctor, they ran a couple of tests to update my records (since it's been a year since most these were done). Once AF shows up again, I have to go for my Day2/3 bw (bloodwork), and u/s (ultrasound) and schedule a Sonohysterogram (SHG) (basically they shoot saline solution you know where just to make sure everything is clear). Then I will start on estrogen pills. Once AF shows up again the next month, we can start the injections again.

So, if all goes well, then we will be on our way to our third IVF.


I am a little nervous, but I also have a good feeling about this cycle. I have changed my eating habits, I have started acupuncture (yes, I saw the article/news about acupuncture and infertility), I am taking additional vitamins, and I have even started eating some organic foods. I will do ANYTHING to make sure the next pregnancy sticks. If it doesn't work this time, then I will just have to accept those hateful words of "it's not meant to be" (more on this subject later).

I am happy that even though my life is still somewhat on hold, we are finally on our way again.

No comments: