Friday, October 31, 2008

Moving Right Along. . .

Wow, so much has been happening.

On Sunday, October 26, was my shower. I knew the date, but didn't know where or anything else. It was as wonderful and beautiful as I thought it would be. My sister and mom did a FANTASTIC job. I had a great time and Peanut got a lot of great presents. And, of course, I cried numerous times throughout the day. My dad's Donor Family came, which was a nice surprise, and also very touching. I will never forget that day, even though it did go by in a blur.

I thought my sugar levels evened out, but they are now all over the place. I bottomed out last weekend (both Saturday night and Sunday night, or should I say in the middle of the night). The first time I was so scared. Thankfully Frank was there with a steady hand (being an EMT helps) and helped me out. The second night I didn't wake him and I was able to bring my levels up alone. But since the, they've been all over the place.

I have had 2 non-stress tests so far Peanut is all over the place. He is definitely a mover and shaker. Next week I start my twice-a-week appointments - a non-stress test one day and a growth/biophysical ultrsound on another day. I'm excited for the u/s b/c I get to see Peanut again, and hopefully we will get an update as to when we can expect his arrival. I was already told that I would be having Peanut before his due date. We just don't know how early.

Other than sciatic pain, pressure, braxton hicks, and being tired all the time, I feel great! LOL

Pregnancy is nothing like I thought it would be, but I would not trade this experience for ANYTHING. I feel very blessed that I get to experience this miracle.

No comments: