Wednesday, June 18, 2008

NT Scan


I am 12 weeks, 2 days today. I also had my NT scan. This is one of the pictures from today. See Peanut waving to us? It was an experience I don't ever want to forget. We saw the baby kicking me, hiccup, waving to us, and just being a complete wiggle worm. We also heard the heartbeat for the first time. I wish I had a camera b/c Frank's face when we heard the heartbeat was priceless. I have never seen his face light up so much. It was so touching.
I was a little nervous b/c I had another scare last week (I've been slacking on updating my blog). Last Friday I had dark brown stuff on the toilet paper. It almost looked like tissue. We went back to the doctor ASAP that morning and had another u/s. Baby looked great. We were told that my placenta is growing and that it was covering the opening of my cervix. the doctor hoped that this would clear up on its own, hopefully by my 14th week, but this could go on until my 20th week. As long as everything stays brown, they aren't too concerned. I was told that this is pretty common. Thankfully, the spotting as stopped again (for now). I hope it stays this way.
So far the results we have gotten from the NT Scan are good - we were told the measurements are within the normal range, but we won't have answers until the blood test comes in. Also, I was told by my doctor that there is a 2nd part to the test, and that will be done at 16 weeks. So, I go back to the doctor in another couple of weeks for an u/s (they will do the 2nd part of the NT Scan, as well as measure the lining of my cervix) and then I will have another check-up.
Today was truly another miracle - I am still in awe. i can't stop kissing my pictures from today. I am already so in love with this baby!

3 comments:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such an awesome appt! And too cute about Frank :)

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

i love that you can see the tiny little fingers!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You made it to 13 weeks! YAY!!!!!!