Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A small scare

I had my first real scare this past weekend. thankfully, all ended well.

On Friday afternoon, I started having cramps. I wasn't too nervous about them b/c I have been having cramps off and on all along (I've been told they are normal). But, when I came home from work on Friday, there was a brown discharge. I called my dr. IMMEDIATELY. She told me that it was most likely nothing, but it could also be the start of a m/c. Not the words I wanted to hear, but it could be a reality. she also told me to stay off my feet and that if I started bleeding heavy, to call back and meet her at the ER. If not, come in on Monday for an emergency u/s. I cancelled my dinner plans for Friday night and my BBQ plans for Saturday. In the grand scheme of things, this is probably for the best b/c it was in the upper 90's since Saturday (with the heat index it was over 100). Way to hot for anyone, let alone a pregnant lady!

Poor Frank - he had to teach a class on Friday and couldn't be here with me. I understand and didn't even think of him cancelling (unless the bleeding got worse). My parents came to my rescue. I almost wasn't going to call my mom b/c I didn't want to worry her, but I'm glad I did. She immediately said that she was coming over to stay with me until Frank came home.

The rest of the weekend there was still some minor cramping (not as bad as on Friday), and the spotting was slowing down. I spent the rest of the weekend in bed or on the couch. I didn't even get up to water my plants (Frank did that for me).

I went to the doctor yesterday for my u/s. To say I was nervous is an understatement. Thankfully, all was good. The hb was at 174, and Peanut measured at exactly 11 weeks. The new picture of Peanut was AMAZING - you can see the tiny little nubs of arms/hands and legs/feet. So cute if I must say so. :-)

My blood pressure was elevated, but after a few minutes, it went back to normal (I chalk it up to nerves). The scale was also 4 pounds less than it was 2 weeks ago (I'm happy with that). My doctor didn't seem concerned about the blood pressure, or the weight loss. She told me that I can't do any form of exercise for another couple of weeks, and I can come off the prometrium until my next appointment, which is next week.

Whew - what a weekend!!

1 comment:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

OMG that is so scary. I'm so happy that everything is ok!