Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 2nd wedding Anniversary! We didn't do much today - we went out for a very nice dinner on Saturday night.

However, I got an extra special anniversary treat. I had my first OB appointment today - and I got to see Peanut again. It was a very informative appointment, all looks good, and then I got to have another u/s. Peanut's heartbeat measured at 179 - nice and strong, and we are measuring right on schedule - I am 9 weeks pregnant.

It still boggles my mind to think that I'm 9 weeks pregnant. That's CA-RAZY!!! As a special treat today, my mom came with me. Frank had to work, so she asked if she could go instead. She can't stop thanking me for going b/c she also got to see Peanut's heartbeat. She was amazed that I was able to see it so quickly (I also knew what I was looking for).

I was told today that due to my age and other past history, I am going to be considered "high risk". I was told the only difference with this is that I will be going for more appointments that the regular monthly appointments. this is fine with me, I would rather be monitored more closely. Also, I can stop the PIO and only use the progesterone supplements twice a day for two more weeks. Woo Hoo! My butt is very grateful! LOL

As for how I'm feeling: the nausea is subsiding and I'm not as tired as I had been. My doctor thinks that this is from the progesterone. And, I'm still giddy that I'm pregnant.

No comments: