Friday, July 18, 2008

Had an U/S yesterday . . . .

And, it looks like we are TEAM BLUE!! We are having a boy.

Well, we think we are.

The baby's heartbeat measured at 174 (nice and strong) and we have a VERY active baby in there. The u/s tech had a hard time even getting the h/b because Peanut was swimming all over the place. And then she moved the wand down and Peanut's legs were crossed at the ankles and his foot was covering the goods. After a couple of minutes, the tech said, It's a Boy and pointed it out.

When I look at the u/s picture, it almost looks like it is the umbilical cord. But, I've had dreams of blue, felt like it was boy, and did 3 of the Chinese Gender Predictors and all 3 came out boy, so I'm going with it. Our BIG Level II u/s is in mid-August, so I'm hoping all will be confirmed then.

No matter what the gender is, I really just want a healthy baby. Now it is time to pick names. We had a girls name all picked out, but we can't decide on a boy's name. Frank has a name, but I'm not thrilled with it. This is fine with me. Half of the fun is choosing a name.

I still have the Placenta Previa, but the doctors don't seem too concerned yet. I also gained 4 pounds which they are happy about (I had only gained 1 up until this point). I also don't think it was a complete 4 - both of my other weigh-ins were earlier in the day, so I had a couple of meals in me by now, plus snacks, plus lots of water. So, I'm guessing I only gained like 2 or 3 pounds in the past month. that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't had any spotting in about 2-3 weeks (knock on wood). It has been hot and humid, and I can't tolerate it like I used to. My only other complaint is that i am getting a lot of headaches. But, I was told that this is to be expected. I am growing and look further along than I am and that doesn't bother me in the least. I LOVE showing off my baby bump. It took me a long time to get here and I want the whole world to know!

2 comments:

sara said...

Congrats on the great ultrasound and discovering it's a boy!

Just Me. said...

Here from Lost and Found.

Congrats!!!!