Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things My Husband Doesn't Understand

There are things that my husband just can't understand about me being pregnant (heck, I don't understand it all either). But, I thought this list would give someone a chuckle.

1. My bigger boobies have a purpose and are not for playing. My boobs are getting HUGE! Well, huge for me anyway. And yes, they are a novelty. But, what my husband doesn't understand is why he can't play with them. Because they hurt! They are still store (some days are worse than others). My nipples are so sore that it even hurts to wear a bra. Of course, I'm probably not a help b/c there are days that I will walk up to him, lift up my shirt and say, did these get even bigger? Feel how heavy they are?

2. Why on some days even his breathing annoys me. He can't understand that my hormones are so completely out of control. Even if my "problem" is not logical, I still get upset/annoyed/etc. over it. There are days that I just want to go to sleep alone and he can't understand that his breathing in bed next to me when I'm trying to sleep drives me crazy.

3. How a person can have so much gas in them. I don't get it either. But, let's just say, that I could probably fuel a car across the country I have so much gas. He also doesn't understand why it is OK for me to expel it and not for him. My response - see #2 above.

4. How I just do have any desire to eat, especially my favorite foods. I don't understand this one either, but for me, it just is. He knows I USED to love chicken. But now, I can't eat it. It isn't like I gag from it, I just have no desire to eat it. I feel so full and bloated, that I don't have any desire to eat more than ice cream some days. Yet, he still feels the need to want to cook chicken for dinner.

There are just a couple of things that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. If you have any to add, just let me know!

No comments: