Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I'm going to let you in on my little secret.

Shhhhhh. . . . I'm pregnant.

I went to the doctor today for my first pregnancy u/s and we saw the gestational sac with the little yolk in it. My doctor said that everything is right on schedule. As of today, I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant. Our EDD is December 29, 2008. Happy New Year!!!

We go back next week where we will hopefully see the heartbeat.

I have known for a couple of weeks now. I tested on Friday, April 18 and got a VERY faint line. It was one of those that if you turned the stick the wrong way, you might not see it. But, I took 2 more on Saturday and two more on Sunday. There was no denying - I was pregnant. The question remained on how high my beta would be. The 1st one was 107, the 2nd was 197 and the third was 436. All great numbers. My progesterone has been a little low, but my doctors are watching it closely.

As far as how I'm feeling - the puppies are still sore, still have some cramping, I'm tired all the time (it is worse at like 3/4:00 in the afternoon). I get up once during the night to use the restroom. Some days the heartburn is bad, other days, nothing. I've been nauseous, but nothing I can't handle. And I have VERY happy to have these symptoms.

For the first time EVER, I was able to tell my family in person. B/c of the infertility treatments, nothing has been a secret. Well, since the line on the HPT was so dark, I felt comfortable making my announcement on the Saturday before my beta test. I told my parents separately. My mom was excited, but "cautiously excited". I got my dad good. We had been sitting outside and he was going back in the house. I asked if he was coming back out, and he said "are you writing a book". I said yes. His standard response is usually: well, make it a mystery. This time he said, yeah, what's the title. I responded with: It's called, I'm Pregnant. It took a moment for it to register. Once it did, he was also very excited.

We are so over the moon, but still cautious - we still have a long road ahead of us. But for now, I am trying to enjoy every minute of being pregnant.

5 comments:

Jessica White said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What great news!
- Andrea

shawna said...

It is so exciting to see a BFP from a far from perfect cycle. Congratulations!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I just wanted to say congrats again!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know we are excited for you guys and very happy to have been by your side along the way!!!!

We love you both!
Denise