Monday, March 31, 2008

Mind Games

So, I went for my monitoring appt. today expecting to be told that even IUI was off. When I was getting my b/w done, the nurses were going through my file just to make sure they were running the right blood tests and there was a note in the computer that my IVF was converted to an IUI. Fine, expected that.

When I was having my u/s, today's dr. measured 8 follicles. Yes, 8. I don't think I have ever seen 8. They were all small (2-6's, a couple of 7's and an 8), but there were 8 follicles (I guess that's why I was calling them chicklets). So, I asked the doctor some questions about triggering for IUI, what would we do different for the next IVF cycle and she looked at me strange. I told her that the Dr. on Saturday told me this was converted. Today's Dr. told me that it isn't over yet - I need to take my meds for 2 more days, start the cetrotide tomorrow and go back on Wednesday! (Cetrotide will keep me from ovulating).

OMG!!! My head is spinning! Of course, I fully expect a phone call later telling me something different (they have to wait for my b/w results and all the doctors meet on Monday's to discuss their IVF patients). But still!! To go from, you are most likely cancelled to you might still be on!

I said it is almost like having your boyfriend break up with you and then 2 hours later saying he wants you back!!

I will update again IF I hear anything different.

No comments: