Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another small miracle

I got a call from my doctor's office this morning - we have 1 embryo that made it to freezing. I am in shock and so excited! I was told by one of the embryologists that only about 15% of embryos make it to freezing - the fact that we have 1 is another miracle in this crazy cycle. In the 2 previous IVF cycles we've had, none have made it as far as freezing. In fact, because of my previous history, I completely forgot that today was the deadline for freezing (meaning that the remaining embryos had to continue growing to today to make it). This must be one really strong embryo to make it this far. I hope that the 4 transferred back to me the other day are just as strong.

As for how am I feeling? Nervous. A little crampy (normal from the meds I'm taking). I have sore boobs (that's from the estrogen and "normal" for the meds I'm taking). The sides of by butt are sore from the PIO shots. But, it is all for the greater good (or at least I hope so).

1 comment:

Megan K said...

This cycle sounds really hopeful. Lots of luck to you and your hubby!!! I'm hoping for a sticky baby for you!