Friday, April 11, 2008

pregnant until proven otherwise

That is basically how I have to treat my body for at least the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday they transferred 4, 8-cell, Grade A embryos. Grade A is the best grade. I think in our previous two ETs I have only had 1 or 2 grade As. So, to have 4 for 1 transfer is amazing. We are feeling very optimistic. Even Frank is starting to show some excitement. He was excited that he got to put on his scrubs to go in the room with me yesterday. What was pretty cool was that the doctor and one of the nurses showed him on the ultrasound screen where they placed the embryos. In hindsight, I should have asked for a printout of that, but I was so nervous at the the time I was shaking.

And, I'm feeling great! I haven't felt this good at this stage of the game for our last two cycles. Even the PIO's aren't bothering me. The last time we did the PIO's I yelped with each shot (they go in the behind). But this time, it isn't that terrible. I might even be able to endure it for the next couple of weeks.

Both yesterday and today I will be on bedrest and the I will be slow moving for another week to give my little embryos a chance to implant and STICK! Also, I have to stick to the rules of pregnancy - food restrictions, no swimming (too cold for that) and no physical activity (at least for the time being). But, it is all for the greater good.

1 comment:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

YAY for a great transfer!

I will be checking for updates!!!